To build up online sales, gaining a good position for your eBay listing in the Best Match sort order is key. The way to do this is to ensure that you use item specifics and price your items competitively. Achieving a Top Seller status is another way to get good positioning and this comes from offering services that help your items sell and delivering excellent service to your customers. Make sure you research best practises before listing your item to ensure you have the best chance of featuring in the search results. Making your eBat listings eye catching and offering quite a few choice items will help you get more followers and more exposure.
INTERNET SEARCH ENGINES
To rank in the search results for internet search engines, use these tips and tools to help the search engines to find you. Creating ‘View Item’ pages using this guide will help you move up in the rankings on the results pages and improve your Ebay listing. In turn, your eBay items will gain more exposure and drive more customers to view your products.
When choosing three to five words to use as keywords for your item, you need to put yourself in the place of you customer. If you were wanting to buy something similar to your product, what words would you use to search for it? Ensure that you use these keywords in your listing title and your item description in a comprehensive way.
INCLUDE UNIQUE IDENTIFIERS
Using unique identifiers such as EANs (European Article Codes), ISBNs (International Standard Book Numbers) and UPCs (Universal Product Codes) is another way to assist search engines in finding your eBay listing. Using an item brand name and the MPM (Manufacturer’s Part number) in your item specifics section of the listing is another way to assist Google, Yahoo, eBay and other search engines to find your listing easier, increasing results rankings.
USE WELL DESIGNED TITLES
In any natural searches, one of the key factors is the make up of your title for your eBay listing. You need to have your keywords or phrases in this title in an easily readable format. The title should make sense give useful information at a glance and not contain words like ‘Wow’ or ‘Look’ as these would not form part of a search normally. Use the allocated characters wisely.
ENHANCE YOUR ITEM DESCRIPTION
While the main purpose of your description should be to describe your item, list all the features and upsell where possible to gain sales from eBay buyers, there are ways to do this and still improve your search engine rankings.
- Good Content: Give as much useful detail as possible. Keep it informative and accurate. There should be at least 200 words of visible text, with your keywords/phrases being used at least 10 to 14 times in a logical way so that the listing makes sense. Overdoing the keyword creates a description full of non relevant information and leaves less space for more detail on your item, as search engines only read a certain amount of information for every searched page.
- Don’t Keyword Spam: Overusing your keyword in your title and description irritates potential buyers and violates eBay policies, so it is best not to do this in your listing description.
- No Hidden Text: Search engines do not read invisible text, so don’t add it in.
- Change your font: Using bold headers and font sizes of 12 or 14 maximum makes a better looking and more searchable description.
- Links: Add in links to your eBay store and to other products using relevant words such as “View my items” or “Visit Store” are more effective than “Click here”.
- Use Image Alt Tags: If you do your own HTML, make sure you use alt tags, which are keywords associate with the images in your listing. To improve on your keyword or keyword phrase count in the listing use your keywords in direct relation to the image and your content in the alt tag.
INCREASE SALES WITH INSIGHTS INTO YOUR LISTING PERFORMANCE
Using the listing Analytics application gives you insights into the sales, clicks and views your listing gets. By analysing your sales funnel, you can see how many people are just viewing the item and then clicking away. This will also show you how many click to see more, and relate this back to completed sales. This will help you improve your eBay listings as well as where you are going wrong. Some of your basic business processes may be the cause of loss of sales. To combat that, but you would need to measure this to see where there could be issues.